A few questions about Vista

v0lten

I purchased the Vista Home Premium upgrade.

I currently have Windows XP installed, but, it is not genuine. I asked the rep at Staples and he said the upgrade will still work and I will now have a "genuine" copy of Windows. Is this true? Or will Vista give me crap when I try to install it.

Also, I know it can only be installed once. But, can I install it on the computer I have now, and then, when I get my new one, uninstall it from this one and then install it on my new one? And, if I can, do I have to call Microsoft or something to deactivate the key or something?

Thanks for any info

Yo-Yo

I purchased the Vista Home Premium upgrade.

I currently have Windows XP installed, but, it is not genuine. I asked the rep at Staples and he said the upgrade will still work and I will now have a "genuine" copy of Windows. Is this true? Or will Vista give me crap when I try to install it.

YES

Also, I know it can only be installed once. But, can I install it on the computer I have now, and then, when I get my new one, uninstall it from this one and then install it on my new one? And, if I can, do I have to call Microsoft or something to deactivate the key or something?

Thanks for any info

YES you can;

no, you shouldn't have to call Microsoft, but if you do, it is fairly easy.