A few Questions...

matty6660

Just got a couple of quick questions to help me out.

1. Is Windows Defender an anti-virus and anti-spyware, and if so should I use it instead of AVG 8.5 or should I use both?

2. How do I change the power button at the bottom-right of the start menu to 'Turn off computer' as it is set on 'Hibernate'?

3. If there are files in the Recyle Bin, are they still taking up space on my PC?

Thanks for reading.

sshaggy

1. Is Windows Defender an anti-virus and anti-spyware, and if so should I use it instead of AVG 8.5 or should I use both?
Windows Defender is an anti spyware. You will need another antivirus to back it up.
2. How do I change the power button at the bottom-right of the start menu to 'Turn off computer' as it is set on 'Hibernate'?
Goto control panel, power option, select your power option(probably 'balanced')
-change plan setting-advance power option-power buttons and lid-select power button-change it to shut down(It wil be originally at sleep or hibernate)
3. If there are files in the Recyle Bin, are they still taking up space on my PC?

Recycle bin does takes up space, but the space is reseved for recycle bin for each partition. You cannot store anything in that space. To change default allocation size for each partition, right click recycle bin-properties). When the allocated space is full, you will get a message, that "the deleted file is too big for recycle bin, do you want to delete it permanently"