A few questions

daryancan

Hello, I have just recently joined the site and I am liking it already. I just have a few questions to ask. Right now, I am using AVG Antivirus Free Edition to protect my PC from virus and so on, for spyware I am using Microsoft's Anti Spyware. Are these good programs to have on a PC or should I be using different ones?

I would also like to know what applications I should get for my own fun that would take me out of my bored state. Instant messengers, p2p file sharing gets boring after a while.

Thanks in advance,

Daryancan

Rambo

I think AVG Free Edition is very good. I'm currently using is as opposed to Norton which I had a month back, and it's doing a great job. However, I can't comment on Microsoft's AV Software since I don't use it.

I would also like to know what applications I should get for my own fun that would take me out of my bored state. Instant messengers, p2p file sharing gets boring after a while.

What kind of entertainment are you after?

I don't recommend that you go and buy a PC game from a store becuase looking at your PC specs (in your sig) it wouldn't handle anything too well.

daryancan

lol yes it is a pretty crappy computer, like I know there is stuff like photoshop, but I gave up on that because I was one of the few that just couldn't brush.

Rambo

daryancan said:
lol yes it is a pretty crappy computer, like I know there is stuff like photoshop, but I gave up on that because I was one of the few that just couldn't brush.

Well, you could try web design? I know that has always interested me and I like making websites.

computerhakk

VIP Member
those are good antispywares/virus programs.

for instant messengers. just get something like Trillian. all in one.

entertainment. adobe is great. hehe. microsoft frontpage, if you have that.
and yea it doesn't seem like u can do much with your setup along the lines of "entertainment" like games, and other things.