A friend wants to purchase my pc - please help me figure out what its worth

lokodezine

Hellom
My PC was custome built and is about 2-3 years old and has been kept in good condition. My friend is interested in purchasing my pc. I puchaed it for around 1400 (Think I overpayed but thats not the point). Im wanting to sell it so I can get a better pc. I tried to do most of the re-search myself to see how much each part retails for and below is what I came up with for all parts of my system. I could not find though how much my PSU (which came with my case, so I guess thats why.) and my DVD-ROM are worth.

Below are the prices for the various parts of my pc

Motherboard - Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite
- Retail $90

Processor – AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.73 GHz ( 266 MHz
- Retail $82.50 (www.shoplet.com/hardware/)

CD R/RW – LiteOn CD-Rewriter
- Retail $21.00 (www.newegg.com)

DVD ROM/DVD – Atapi Norcent 16x
- Retail $?

Hardrive – IBM Deskstar 80 GB 7200 RPM, 12 V
- Retail $52 (www.newegg.com)

RAM – 2 512 mb Basic Mushkin (PC2100) DDR333
- Retail $47.50 each (www.newegg.com

PSU - RaidMax switching power RD-350W
- Retail $??

Graphics Card – Powercolor Radeon 7000 Evil Wizard 64 MB DDR PCI
- Retail $39.00 (www.newegg.com)

Case - RAIDMAX Astro ATX268WUP Blue 0.7mm Japanese SECC Gaming Tower Computer Case 350watts PS2 ATX12V Power Supply
- Retail $40 (www.newegg.com)

Floppy Drive
- Retail $20

1) Did I forget any parts?
2) How accurate are those prices?
3) Anyone know the prices for the items I did not find?
4) What should I sell this whole pc at price wise?

4W4K3

VIP Member
$90 for the Soyo board? I couldn't charge that in my dreams lol. I can't even find the board for sale anymroe, but i'd say max of $60 for a used discontinued soyo board.

A 2200+ Athlon-XP brand new is only $65, so for a 2100+ i'd only charge $50 for. Remember this stuff is used, you wont get retail proce for it normally.

16C DVDROM drives are pretty cheap, maybe $30 max used. I think mine was $30 brand new lol.

RAIDMAX has a 380watt PSU for $15 on newegg.com. So maybe $10?

$20 for a floppy drive?!?!!?!!?!!?!??! wtf?? they sell for $8 on newegg!

You aren't looking at much cash if you sell it for a honest used price. Now, you could always overprice and he might still buy it of course. But thats up to you.

(all prices i estimated are based off newegg.com bas price)

4W4K3

VIP Member
lokodezine said:
so for the whole thing, what you think 350-400?

Question first. It says "PC2100 DDR333"

PC2100 is DDR266, PC2700 is DDR333. Which is it lol? im guessing PC2700, since thtas the price it matches. Make sure u tell him 2700.

I'd say ~$350 is reasonable, and more if you think he will still buy it. Maybe throw in some manuals, cables, keyboard and mouse and ask for $400?

lokodezine

Yea, I have all the boxes. I can throw in a few mouses and keyboard

I am wanting to buy a new desktop and hoping to get 400

4W4K3

VIP Member
flame1117 said:
I would pay 300$'s MAX for it, but thats just my opinoin.

And you forgot the moniter :p

yah same here, but thats bcuz we know more about hardware than the average person i hope lol.

if your friend isn't computer savvy, i think you could get more than $300 for it.

DanLatimer

the only thing thats really outdated is the cpu (and the graphics card but its comparable to onboard graphics) i dont think that $400-$450 is unreasonable(Ive seen the small local computer companies charge alot more for something like that lol!), remember it may be used but if you bought the parts new you would still need someone to put it together if you didnt know how (which im assuming your friend doesnt).

lokodezine

yes. mr friend is not very computer savy and is pretty wealthy... It is a poc for his kids to play games and such on.

I was thinking say 400... plus the WIN XP OS... so maybe even more?? What you think?

LEt me know thanks

jjsevdt

If he's got money, keep in mind he's your friend, I'd say with XP you could ask 450- 500 and he may not question it, but I'd say 300-400 if he's wealthy