A Lesson learned....

Danda

Ok so Im sure some of you have read some of my previous posts about my Video card. Well... come to find out from my uncle who works w/ computers that my motherboard is shot.
Ok so... NOT only have I bought a used computer for $400 Dollars, but it shuts down on me in 2 months!! And I didnt do anything to the computer! Only turn on and off to when I need to use it.
hyPoxxx.dll is the user who sold me the computer and had told me that this computer is 'Great!' 'Awesome!' and 'uberleethaxroflmao!'.
As I said, come to find out the motherboard flipped on me...

So my lesson learned never EVER buy a used computer... Thats what I get for even thinking about it!!!

*Sigh* what should I do? This bastard has not been on since he sold me the computer.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Thats the way it goes on used stuff. I mostly sell new built computers, but the used ones I do sell from parts I only give a 30 day warrranty. Now if a part in it goes out after the 30 days and its still new enough to be covered by the manufacturers warranty, I'll get you another one, but still charge to install it.

Alot of people only give a DOA on used stuff.

Danda

Thats the way it goes on used stuff. I mostly sell new built computers, but the used ones I do sell from parts I only give a 30 day warrranty. Now if a part in it goes out after the 30 days and its still new enough to be covered by the manufacturers warranty, I'll get you another one, but still charge to install it.

Alot of people only give a DOA on used stuff.

How much do you charge to build me a new computer? with your parts?

StrangleHold

Staff member
I dont ship. Well I did ship one to N.J. once but only because it was a friend of a friend, plus he ofered me 400 more than what I had in it.:D On a used system it all depends on what parts I have, how old/used they are and what you want.

Danda

Its not a immediate act, but I am in need of a new computer probably. my Ram and PSU is still good. Hard Drives are good as well... My uncle said he will give me a new graphics card from a friend that didnt need it (He says its a high end card but I am not sure).

tlarkin

VIP Member
I buy all my Macs used because I don't want to pay top dollar for the newest one when I can buy last years model for a bit cheaper. Haven't ever had a problem with them.

I have also bought open box special computers at computer stores, mostly to part out, but they haven't ever really failed me that much either.

I tend to buy things that are generically built though, so I can rebuild them or part swap pretty easily.

Danda

I buy all my Macs used because I don't want to pay top dollar for the newest one when I can buy last years model for a bit cheaper. Haven't ever had a problem with them.

I have also bought open box special computers at computer stores, mostly to part out, but they haven't ever really failed me that much either.

I tend to buy things that are generically built though, so I can rebuild them or part swap pretty easily.

Yeah, I must learn to buy parts fresh of the box and not used. Really this has failed me =/