A little help with my computer

Hell Fire

Hey,
I need some help with my computer, since it has been acting strangely recently.
I recently moved (from one country to another) and my computer had to be transported by boat. When I finally got it back, because of the humidity of the sea, the insides of my computer had become rusty.
Needless to say, it has been replaced. I'm not sure what the technician did, or what he put in.
So here is my problem. Before becoming rusty and crap, my computer was all I needed. I could watch movies, series, play CSS or any other game I wanted to. But ever since its "fix" it seems so weak and useless. CSS lags at lowest graphics and with every lag prevent code put in (with 20 mega internet!!!)and the worst part is that I cant even watch movies or series. Whenever I open a movie my player freezes and my computer resets (always and right when I open it), and when I'm watching a series (about 20mins or more) it also does (but less frequently and not always straight away) so I have to keep clicking on pause and play to prevent it. Other than being annoying, I cant enjoy my show.

I'm not sure if this is a virus, some software isn't installed, or if the technician just put shit into my computer. I feel pretty pissed.

Please help.

PS: The player I use is Real Player, but when I watch series using mp4 plaer it doesnt seem to happen (but I cant always use it cause most of my series are ".rmvb", or only playable with Real Player).

Last edited:

johnny_

Hey,
I need some help with my computer, since it has been acting strangely recently.
I recently moved (from one country to another) and my computer had to be transported by boat. When I finally got it back, because of the humidity of the sea, the insides of my computer had become rusty.
Needless to say, it has been replaced. I'm not sure what the technician did, or what he put in.
So here is my problem. Before becoming rusty and crap, my computer was all I needed. I could watch movies, series, play CSS or any other game I wanted to. But ever since its "fix" it seems so weak and useless. CSS lags at lowest graphics and with every lag prevent code put in (with 20 mega internet!!!)and the worst part is that I cant even watch movies or series. Whenever I open a movie my player freezes and my computer resets (always and right when I open it), and when I'm watching a series (about 20mins or more) it also does (but less frequently and not always straight away) so I have to keep clicking on pause and play to prevent it. Other than being annoying, I cant enjoy my show.

I'm not sure if this is a virus, some software isn't installed, or if the technician just put shit into my computer. I feel pretty pissed.

Please help.

PS: The player I use is Real Player, but when I watch series using mp4 plaer it doesnt seem to happen (but I cant always use it cause most of my series are ".rmvb", or only playable with Real Player).

rofl rusty from da sea haha

pies

Do you know what was in the computer before the "fix"
And can you contact the person who "fixed" it to see what was changed?

amosf

Do you know what was in the computer before the "fix"
And can you contact the person who "fixed" it to see what was changed?

Yep, this is the issue. It would help to know what the machine specs were before the change (CPU, RAM, etc) and the machine specs now. It may be that the tech gave you inferior components, or you may just have less RAM, or whatever. Perhaps you had a better video card before the change, or maybe it's just a driver issue.

Without some info we can't really say. It could be lots of things.

Hell Fire

Humm...
I'm not sure what I had before,
I'm going to contact the fixer
Hopefully it will clear some things out

GameMaster

Nah, the thing is you will have to install the drivers again. Just put in the Motherboard CD and install the drivers for graphics, audio and video card.

PunterCam

Do you know where the guy who built the computer is? Go round and stir up some shit.

First, what are the specs of the computer?

The guy who built it will have screwed you, never trust anyone to build you something, especially if you don't know your specs before. If you tell us the current specs we can give you a believable spec for you previous computer, and you can use it to get him to sort it out (or get your money back).