A minor rant on online software buying

OvenMaster

VIP Member
1. I wanted a copy of XP Home SP1 OEM, and found it. The company that sold it to me had it on back order but didn't get in touch with me to tell me until after I complained. They claimed they didn't have my email address. I said oh yes you do, send me my money back. (I found that I could get SP2 cheaper elsewhere) I heard nothing more except the UPS man dropping it off at my door.... two days after my 30-day return privileges ended. :mad: Turns out the 30-day period starts the day they receive the order, not the day they ship! The offending company: www.royaldiscount.com

2. I ordered Nero 6 Ultra Suite from www.edirectsoftware.com . What did I get instead? Nero OEM Suite 3... not even close! OEM Suite 3 does not include Burning ROM, Wave Editor, or NeroMIX. :mad:

Jeez, these $%#&! companies are a royal PITA. How on earth does anyone manage to not pull their hair out over this stuff? And no, I know I have no life, if this stuff manages to frost me.

Tom

Yasu

This is exactly why I don't buy many things on the internet, I'm always paranoid that I'll get screwed over.