a New PC!

Motoxrdude

Hello!
My grandma is looking to buy a new PC, and a quite Powerful one.
Here is a Tower that she was thinking of buying, and HP.
http://shopping.hp.ca/cStoreCA/Base...milyId=113&BaseId=3018&PView=S&BEId=5&Lang=EN

I really like it, and wonder what do you think of it.
also, any suggestions for a screen? like which company to go with? (she want something like a 24 inch....)

thx for your help.

Looks good to me. No video card though, but I take it she doesn't game.

Jet

VIP Member
That would do her fine, unless she wants to get into more gaming :)

A 24inch LCD!!!!

ChrisDVD

well, it doesnt have a video card, but the intergrated looks ok right? i mean she dosnt do gaming, perhaps my little cousins will, but nothing big. Its mostly internet, browsing, printing, burning, e-mail/chatting, etc. Her printer is an HP too, but a very good one (its amazing) she l;ikes good stuff, good quality, and she said this would be prbably her last PC, so she wants a good one. Also, shoyuld-she wait for vista to come out?

Jet

VIP Member
no, don't wait for vista. That is the best integrated graphics you can buy, my friend has the same. It will do email/internet, and some older games.

JamesBart

Out of interest..

Hello!
My grandma is looking to buy a new PC, and a quite Powerful one.
Here is a Tower that she was thinking of buying, and HP.
http://shopping.hp.ca/cStoreCA/Base...milyId=113&BaseId=3018&PView=S&BEId=5&Lang=EN

I really like it, and wonder what do you think of it.
also, any suggestions for a screen? like which company to go with? (she want something like a 24 inch....)

thx for your help.

can i ask out of interest what shes wants in for? that pc's wicked and its 10 times better than mine! :D

flanker

HP good choice

Looks like a good system and you can't beat HPs support. I have a HP system and it's been the best computer I ever bought.;)

GoaTrancer

Jet

VIP Member
can i ask out of interest what shes wants in for? that pc's wicked and its 10 times better than mine! :D

By the way, your graphics card would beat the 6150 integrated graphics by a whole lot, so the HP isn't going to be better in all situations.

Saurian

Considering how new it is, that computer may even have an expansion slot for a graphics card, whether it would be a 1x PCIe, 16x, or an AGP (doubt it..).

ChrisDVD

no, my grandma is not a gamer, but she is a high tech grand ma! Umm, its quite a newr model, she saw it on display in a store in Montréal. She was also thinking of a imac....but i dunno about those.
Any more comments ?

flanker

Many other HP systems

There many other HP systems I highly recomend a Media Center type system it will give many really good things to view.

This is the system I bought three Months ago it's been passed quickly by the new systems but it's price has dropped a lot and it's still a really good system for everyday use.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s..._type=product_detail&product_code=ER885AA#ABA

I bought mine at a Comp-USA store but many stores carry them.

Unless you plan on buying a lot of new 64bit software for your system the older Intel D processors will still give you a quality computer.

Even if you are a gammer unless your games are the new 64bit games having a 64bit system will offer you nothing the older Intel D system offers.

Keep in mind soon there will be the new Quad processor's so each Month brings a new group of processors.;)