A plethora of problems and questions from a novice

CyberET

Hi, RaiChoss, when you had these problems with your computer, did you have memory and operating system installed.

Also what is the make & model of your motherboard.

lincsman

A computer will basically do nothing if it does not have RAM installed. Also if you built the computer improperly you may have fried some parts. Try it with RAM installed and if still nothing, then I hope to God you have the parts under warranty.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Clear the CMOS by removing power and removing the coin battery on the motherboard. Hold the power button for several seconds, then reinsert the coin battery. Wait for the RAM to come in and THEN try powering it up.

beers

Staff member
Do you really expect anything to happen with having no RAM installed?

The component list looks okay, for that kind of build it's no big deal to have one stick or two for dual channel, although two would net you a little higher performance.

RaiChoss

I didn't expect anything since I didn't have ram but the fans came on that one time and since then they haven't so I got spooked

If you are looking for an explanation as to why it's not powering back on after the first time....I believe the BIOS has a some type of protection in it, that after it noticed that you did not have any type of RAM installed the first time. It kicked in a protection to not power up the motherboard again under those circumstances. Do as voyagerfan99 said and reset CMOS (BIOS) via the battery and WAIT for the RAM before hitting that power button again.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Read his post and he says what you may need to do manually :rolleyes:

ninjabubbles3 said:
your motherboard only supports 1333 memory. You bought 1600 so it may automatically downclock, or you may have to do it manually