PSU = CoolerMaster Silent Pro M 850W ATX €139,90

GPU = 560 nVidia Asus ENGTX560 DCII-OC 2xDVI/HDMI/GDDR5/1024MB €182,90

RAM = 8192MB DDR3/1600 Corsair Vengeance CL9 KIT blauw €45,90

Case = CoolerMaster HAF 922 0 Watt / zwart €112,90

Motherboard = Gigabyte AM3+ GA-990FXA-UD5 F/2x PCIex16/R/GLan/DDR3/ATX €157,90

CPU = AM3 AMD Phenom2 X4 960T 95W 3.00GHz / BOX BE €116,90

Mouse = CM Storm Inferno Gaming Mouse 4000 dpi €54,90

keyboard = Trust KB GXT 18 Gaming USB zw-or €24,90

the HDDs i have, this is just a simple build for gaming.
the AMD mobo and CPU is just for price/performance. but if i should get a 2500k instead, just say. i just need a bit of help choosing for a gaming rig.

Last edited:

claptonman

No on the power supply. Look for one by corsair, antec, silverstone, seasonic, pc power and cooling, or xfx. The one you chose will probably not last long. And if you're deciding over a more expensive CPU, take that money and put it into the video card. You'll get better framerates.

And may/june is a long time away so there might be new and better parts out.

M1kkelZR

No on the power supply. Look for one by corsair, antec, silverstone, seasonic, pc power and cooling, or xfx. The one you chose will probably not last long. And if you're deciding over a more expensive CPU, take that money and put it into the video card. You'll get better framerates.

And may/june is a long time away so there might be new and better parts out.

ok ill update the OP with a PSU i found, what kind of card would you recommend? i was thinking of getting the GTX560 otherwise.

and this is really just a basic thing i want to base it on.

claptonman

Yeah, I'd go with a 560 or a 560ti if you can stretch the budget. Most important part of a gaming machine is the video card. I learned that from playing everything maxed out with my 570 and an AMD dual-core.

M1kkelZR

Yeah, I'd go with a 560 or a 560ti if you can stretch the budget. Most important part of a gaming machine is the video card. I learned that from playing everything maxed out with my 570 and an AMD dual-core.

well i just found out that this mobo i chose supports Crossfirex and not SLI, so i was thinking of going Crossfire on a 6770

M1kkelZR

Now that I look at your board, it wouldn't do either. It is a micro atx motherboard and only has one PCI 2.0 slot. If you want to do crossfire, you'll have to spend more on the board.

And I'd rather have one 560ti than 2 6770s.

okay ill have a look for a SLI board then

claptonman

I edited my post and included some examples. I don't know many UK sites so just look for them on the sites you're looking at.

M1kkelZR

okay im checking the sites now, i also changed the motherboard, this one supports 3way SLI or Crossfire. but i changed the GPU back to a 560