My first built :
CPU: Conroe E6300
Motherboard: Asus P5B
RAM: OCZ Gold 667MHz, 4-4-4-12.
Video card: eVGA 7900GT
Hard drive: Seagate Baraccuda 160GB
PSU: Ultra V-Series 500-Watt ATX

The Problem:

When I push the start button it seems like it's ok, but the monitor doesn't start. The coolers are spinning. I don't know what it can be.
Any help would help.

jimmymac

VIP Member
do you hear any beeps from the system, should be at least one beep to signify the machine posting.

If so then its most likely a video card error, check that its seated snugly, probably best to remove it and push it back in again, then check all connections from card to monitor.

If your not hearing a beep then its suggesting that motherboard or CPU has an issue, fans are spinning so psu is providing power. Are there any lights on your motherboard (not all have them but its one way to see if power is getting to it ok). After that check the CPU is seated correctly

[ULKER]

Hmm...
No sounds, just a little noise but I think its from the coolers.
I checked the CPU, I thing it seats ok, the motherboard has a LED and when I turn on the PSU, the LED lights. I check the monitor too, and I even pluged an other monitor, but the same...

I'm thinking to go to the TigerDirect today, maybe they can check all the parts for me, like video card ant other parts... I would go to change the video card right away(LUCOMPUTERS) , but its kind fall from me.
What do you think?

liuliuboy: yes I did.

insaneazian

i heard that there has been a lot of problems withe the compatiblity of asus p5b motherboards and ocz memory, you might need to switch over to corsiar or kingston