A rather ambitious build

DeeOhh666

I have an idea in mind but I'm not going to say what it is just yet because it sounds silly even to me until I find out if a few things are possible.

Is it possible to set up a computer where there is more than just 1 screen with direct access? I don't just mean a system set up with duplex screens where one is the control and the others are kind of a run off for all the stuff coming from that screen but independant screens running from the same unit or possibly 2 or more units running parrallel to have the power for doing this? For example I could be using one screen for a game and someone else can be using another one to watch video's on you tube with their own input from keyboard and mouse without them effecting eachother but still being on the same system for storage and processing? Also with the screens not necessarily being in the same room.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If you want computer screens to be that independent, I'd suggest getting two computers. However, it is possible with software to use two monitors, one playing a game and the other for whatever else. It is also possible to have a virtual machine running full screen on a monitor, thus essentially having two completely different computers (operating systems if you want) in one.

DeeOhh666

Ok maybe if I explained my idea a bit more it'd give everyone a better idea of what I'm aiming to accompplish.

My idea is to have computer screens in the bedrooms and living room of my house but in a way that they run off a single system or several systems incorporated into one (a friend of mine has done something similar to this with only a single screen by linking 2 motherboards together to essentially get the power of 2 desktops in one system so that he has enough power to handle the 3D rendering that he does for his job), the result of what I'm hoping to do would essentially create a server within a single system that has several access points so that for example the kids could be watching films online whilst my wife is checking her e-mails and I'm playing a game all at the same time but independant of eachother.

Dragonguy

like integrate the system into your house...so you can have multiple monitors showing 2 (or more)different things...2 (or more)keyboards,2 (or more)mice, and 2 (or more)sets of speakers...I have no clue.

lubo4444

I think it's better if you just get two computers or more ( depending how many you need) and do that. Because if something goes wrong, everything will go wrong. You will probably spend the same amount of money either way you go.

Nightmare365WJ

itd be cheaper to do seperate computers. but if you have the money and the... ahem... "manly parts" lol go for a rackmount integrated server system lol