a strange file

hht

hello, all i have a strange file and there isnt enough info internet about it
can anyone help me understand what is it and what can i do with and it is
"MediumMap.zip.lmver":confused:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Where is this file? It sounds like it's resource for some game but it's hard to say.

hht

i have a language training set.i copied one of cds onto desktop.there are two files and a directory in the copied cd.one of the files an autorun and another exe called dummy.in the directory are a directory , a file which i ask here(lmver),and a comressed winrar zip archieve.archieve has the same name with lmver file as MediumMep.in the archieve is a scfg file with the name MediumMap.is it enough clear?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That probably helps enough, I'm not sure if there's a whole lot you can do with it. As you said in your first post, there's nothing overly useful that comes up in a search, if the file is small enough try opening it in notepad, it may be as simple as a file that contains the version number of the program.

The scfg you can probably open with notepad, it should just be a text file that contains configuration paramters for the program.

hht

but it makes me feel that it must be a common or well known file because program using it is a famous one on the other hand probably i might made a bad search did you try to search it asked any computer whizz? Or can i transform it?

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
My money is on it being a proprietary (or at least unknown public) format used by Rosetta Stone -- I'm assuming this is the "well known language training set."

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the files but I don't think there's anything we can do for you.

There's a lot of other language resources out there that cost substantially less, or are even free, that you can use if you are trying to pick up a another language.