A stupid thing happened to my Computer last night. Help.

NUNO

Hi,

Last night I was in my room and suddenly hear BUUUMMM! At first I couldn't figure out what that heavy noise was all about but soon discovered my computer lying horizontaly on the floor. MY ****ING CAT JUST RAMED IT!!! But everything kept working normaly inspite of the hard disk being at use. The problem was this morning when I woke up and found my computer shut down. I don't know if the house had an energy failure and if that was just a coincidence.

Do you thin that the disk could have been damaged? Or something else? It sure was an hard fall. Or do you think that if it's working alright then I don't have to worry about? It's working fine now.

Thanks a lot.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cant believe your cat ran and knocked it over:D

Must be a big cat :cool:

Anyway if its working fine now it was probably just as you mentioned house had an energy failure.

But if it turns itself off again tell us.

Maybe something could have become dislodged when it was knocked over?

NUNO

I cant believe your cat ran and knocked it over:D

Must be a big cat :cool:

Anyway if its working fine now it was probably just as you mentioned house had an energy failure.

But if it turns itself off again tell us.

Maybe something could have become dislodged when it was knocked over?

Actualy the cat is still a young cat but a crazy one. At first I couldn't believe it either.

Thanks for the support man. Let's see what happens next.

Archangel

VIP Member
i think the cat sat on top of the case, and lumped onto a closet or so from there.. because then it wouldnt take much of a nudge to tip a case over ;)

anyway,.. it could be that the CPU heatsink isnt fully in place anymore, and the CPU was overheating, causeing the system to shut down.
I'm not saying thats the cause... i just say its a possibillity :)