A suggestion regarding moderator assignation, and such

ian

Administrator
Staff member
You have 20 forums, and yet only thirteen have a mod assigned. There is no means of contacting one of the two active Administrators, and the Report Bad Post interface says: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."
I get those reported posts sent to me via email, so feel free to use it for any reason to report any post which may break the forum rules, not so much interested in the blatant spam, which I take care of when I read the daily posts, but probably the less obvious stuff that I may miss. Feel free to use that for posts that need to be moved as well.
If the post has just been made, I would probably wait and see if one of the mods or admins pick it up, rather then reporting it. I would use the report button for posts which you feel may have been overlooked by admins or mods.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Let me start out by saying there have been some very good comments on this thread.

I agree that every sub-forum should have someone watching over it. Please believe me when I tell you every forum is being watched! Very few things get by admin let alone all of the moderators, but we do miss stuff.

Do not hesitate to send ANY of the active moderators a private message if you see something in a forum which you think needs to be looked at.

Everyone has their own way of moderating a forum. Some moderators are more vocal then others. I tried voicing my opinions about the off topic forum turning into a pig sty.. and the reaction was mixed... but nothing has really changed... Should I have continued my quest to clean up that forum? ...Probably. But, I work full time, go to school full time and since becoming a moderator have also juggled relationships and moving from one side of the continental US to the other.. and back.

We all have lives outside of this forum. I am confident in saying that each moderator truly cares about CF. And if you care about this forum and do your part, we(mods/admin) notice. Thats what the VIP status is for!

I applied to become a moderator. I told admin exactly why I wanted to be a mod and I meant every word of it.

When a member of this forum creates multiple threads trying to convince everyone that he/she should be a moderator and will do a better job its difficult to agree with them when you take a look at their posting history. Everyone makes stupid comments... we can either edit them and pretend they do not exist or let them be. But when the majority of comments bring down the quality of this forum, it contradicts the pleas to become a moderator.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Thanks ian, SFR. I've never been one to let people run roughshod over a forum, even if it isn't one I mod.

I will keep in mind how old the thread is before hitting that button, though, give you a chance to find it on your own. :)

Geoff

VIP Member
This has somewhat to do with what computerhakk commented on.

In regards to the spamming, i've been trying to inform people that they shouldnt make posts saying things such as "SPAM!!!" or "This thread will be closed." All this does is resurect the thread to the top of the "new posts" list, and in turn this lets the spammer sucessfully reach more memebers for whatever it is that there advertising.

If everyone could help out and not post anything in the spam threads, it would help out alot. Because if no on posts in a thread, then it will rapidly fall down the "new posts" list, and within a few hours it will be pages back, and wont be seen again.