Aaaah!!!!!!!!!

The Astroman

Is this normal`??? MBM5 says my CPU's @ 51°C and my case @ 47°C!!!! I left it on standby all night... What's happening? I don't normaly reach those temps... I have overclocked from 2.40 GHz to 2.65 GHz with a fan spinning @ an average 3084 RPM, a minimum of 2721 RPM and maximum 3443... Help!!

The Astroman

Ok... Anyway, I put a big fan and opened up my computer... The CPU= 21°C and the case=26°C but the Db level IS VERY HIGH!!! lol. I know it was too hot 4 my graphics card, cause the screen became totally black for 1 sec three or four times... So I just shut my PC, opened it and put fan on maximum... It cools pretty good!!!

4W4K3

VIP Member
kof2000 said:
dont worry, mines runs idle on cpu@60C and case@40C and i didnt give a hoot lol

you should "give a hoot" running that hot 24/7 will kill ur chip faster and give you instability issues faster. maybe not noticable now....but it will be later.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you should "give a hoot" running that hot 24/7 will kill ur chip faster and give you instability issues faster
wth?? Thats not dangerous temps .. higher than what i would be comfortable but not fatal nor lethal

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
wth?? Thats not dangerous temps .. higher than what i would be comfortable but not fatal nor lethal

I heard of people getting errors on super-pi/stress tests as low as 55C, and after lowered temp they went away. 60C is dangerous to me...but maybe i'm just weird lol.

kof2000

wierd thing is those temps are constant, no matter what, maybe something is wrong with detection i mean idle or not the temp is always around the same value.