Abandoned PC

Ryandm93

Right, i have a pretty decent Desktop PC that i have sitting in the corner of my room which i dont use as i have a Laptop. Everyone else in my household also have Laptops so i dont really wanna just give it to my sister.

I want to make something out of it. I currently use it as a Server so laptop users on my network can print wirelessly to this computer. I also use it as a sharing center so people can access downloads etc over the network.

However, this is quite slow and can take a while so i was wondering what else i could use it for? or what i could do to it to make it a better server etc.

Drenlin

Welcome to the forums! :)

You've already found the best uses for it, IMO. If you want more, though, I suppose you could always use it as a web server of some sort...maybe for Ventrillo, or a game of some kind?

Also, unless it's just really low on CPU power or RAM, the only way to really "speed up" a computer is to get a faster hard drive, unless there's some software slowing it down as well. A faster hard drive would allow you to transfer files to and from the desktop at a much faster rate, provided the network isn't a bottleneck.

What are the specs on it?