??? about cd rom

rccomp

:eek: hi every1 im a newbie and i was wondering if there is a program to install the cd drive :confused: im not sure if asked the rite question but my problem is that when insert a cd into the c drive it wont load the cd and when i go into my computer to c the cd drive there nothin there:confused: so i think my dad might have deleted the connection to it somehow:rolleyes: im really confused i hope someone can help :eek: i have a compaq computer with windows xp

computerhakk

VIP Member
I'm not sure if compaq builds their pc's differently from any other pc's, but have you check the connections? It looks like it's loose, therefore it not being recognized by your pc at all.

rccomp

i dont kno what kind of cdrom it is:confused: but how do u check if the connections are loose????? u mean the connections in the back???? if thats wat u mean yea i did that?? is there some kind of software that fix that??

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Its inside the case a cable that looks like this, since this happen have you restarted the computer to see if it magically comes back;)
590a577d-e239-4074-a49e-f69b8c1b1a7b.gif

Last edited: