about new computer

kannansmt

i am from india. i have assembled one new pc . my new pc build 1, fx 8350, 2.Motherboard - M5A97 R2.0 - ASUS 3,8gb corsair vengence ram., 4 , cooler master 212x hyper cpu cooler. 5, corsair cx 750 psu, 6, cabinet cooler master haf 912. 7.one lg dvd drive. after installing while starting pc it says cpu fan error in bios and hangs . the temperature of chassis fan 2 goes very high. then i took my new assembled pc to my computer technician who assembled my pc. he checked and updated bios and it got rectified . then i have used my computer for 9 hours. it runs smoothly. i have installed coretemp software . coretemp software says the temperature is 27 to 48 at idle . then i installed sniper elite 3 pc game. while installing the cpu temperature suddenly rises to 62 and goes to 84 degree and computer suddenly shuts down. my computer temperature is 24 degrees now without installing game. i request to know what are the problems facing in my new pc and how to rectify the problem, so that i can tell the technician what is the problem. some says fitting problem and other says motherboard problem and few says bios fan problem. i cant sleep because i have spent about RS 60000 for my new pc built . i request to give good answers to rectify the problems.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like either a thermal paste issue or possibly your heatsink isn't on the cpu correctly.

tylerjrb

its hard to say if the heatsink and or fan, thermal paste has been fitted correctly which could be causing the problem as its an after market cooler it may not have come with thermal paste. Therefore the guy who built it might have put hardly any or way too much on which will cause these problems.

Id check the heatsink looks square and looks correctly fitted, the fans are fitted correctly and spinning. It might be worth going to your local computer store and picking up some thermal paste like mx-4 and some isopropyl alchol, removing the heatsink cleaning it and re-applying a rice grain amount of thermal paste onto the cpu, or small pea size what ever you prefer.

load the bios just to make sure its all set to stock settings aswell and the cpu isnt overvolted etc. Might be worth reseting the bios to make sure.

Last edited: