About to buy these parts, please advice

real

Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K

Motherboard: ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD GeForce GTX 980 Ti

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Cas Latency 15

I already ordered/have the following: one Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti, EVGA 1200W Power Supply Platinum, Corsair H100i GTX (cooler), Pantheks Enthoo Pro Case, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, WD Black 3TB Hard Drive, LG Blu-Ray Writer, Keyboard, Mouse, Windows 8.1 64-bit, ASUS 1080p Monitor (soon to buy a 4k TV and a 4k Monitor).

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Personally, with Broadwell already out and Skylake coming next month, I would wait and buy the new generation of processors. By next month the i7-5820K will already be two revisions behind.

real

Wow, I didn't know about Broadwell or Skylake.

I read somewhere that the first generation Skylake (Skylake-S) is going to be sold with a locked multiplier, is this true?

Also, how about next generation video cards? Are there any coming any time soon?

C4C

AMD just released their 300 series cards not too long ago.

They're priced competitive and my friend is getting the R9 380 so we can compare it to my 280X.

Geoff

VIP Member
Wow, I didn't know about Broadwell or Skylake.

I read somewhere that the first generation Skylake (Skylake-S) is going to be sold with a locked multiplier, is this true?

Also, how about next generation video cards? Are there any coming any time soon?
Broadwell was a disaster, not performance wise, but it was delayed so much that it is just now starting to be released in desktop variants, but with a month until Skylake which is touted at being up to 25% or so faster, there is no point in getting a Broadwell CPU right now.

I did not hear that they will be multiplier locked, from what I heard they will release a high performance unlocked K-series of the i7 and i5 first, followed by more models later.

AMD just released their 300 and Fury series of video cards. The Fury X is the highest performing AMD card out right now, but it's just ever so slightly lower than the nVidia 980 Ti.