About to order the following parts, please check it out!

Niskyspy

I am buying all the parts for my new work-some gaming PC. Here's what I am getting.

Asus M2N-E mother board
AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2
Kingston DDR2 667Mhz 512MB (Will upgrade with 2 more 512's in 2-3 weeks when I have $$$)
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II case with SP-450 (450Watt PCU)
eVGA Geforce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video

Tell me what you think, all I want from this system is to play BF2 at moderate quality and the rest is school work.
;)

Last edited:

AdmnPower

VIP Member
well i'm not quite sure what BF2 requires but that setup looks pretty good to me, i definately think the additional investment in more ram is a good idea because you aren't going to play any new games all that well with only 512 meg of ram.

ckfordy

banned
Well that looks like a good setup and you should be able to play battlefield 2 on mostly high settings. i have a 7600GT and i can play it maxed out so you should be able to do pretty close to that with your 7600GS.

mrjack

VIP Member
I am buying all the parts for my new work-some gaming PC. Here's what I am getting.

Asus M2N-E mother board
AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2
Kingston DDR2 667Mhz 512MB (Will upgrade with 2 more 512's in 2-3 weeks when I have $$$)
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II case with SP-450 (450Watt PCU)
eVGA Geforce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video

Tell me what you think, all I want from this system is to play BF2 at moderate quality and the rest is school work.
;)

Exactly what CPU are you planning on getting? Because you haven't specified what CPU to get.

And I wouldn't recommend using 3 RAM sticks as the memory won't be in dual channel mode which increases performance a bit. So either get one 1Gb stick now and another one later or one 512Mb stick now and another one later.

My rig can play BF2 at highest settings with 4x AA using a resolution of 1024x768@85Hz with a fps count of 50-60.

Niskyspy

Exactly what CPU are you planning on getting? Because you haven't specified what CPU to get.

And I wouldn't recommend using 3 RAM sticks as the memory won't be in dual channel mode which increases performance a bit. So either get one 1Gb stick now and another one later or one 512Mb stick now and another one later.

My rig can play BF2 at highest settings with 4x AA using a resolution of 1024x768@85Hz with a fps count of 50-60.

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core ;)