? about viruses

afrench89

I have a question about viruses. I went into my computer, selected the c drive, program files, common files, Microsoft shared, MSInfo, and finally MSInfo 32 system information. I searched virus as I was prompted to via youtube tutorial. The tutorial was about how to locate viruses on your computer. I have a HUGE list of viruses on my computer. I have always ran anti virus software and have taken all precautionary measures to avoid virues. What could be the reason my computer is infected? Also, how would I go about to remove them? Any help is appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
For one, I highly doubt you got a list of viruses by just looking in that folder/file. And an antivirus program alone won't catch all the infections in todays world. You must use a malware scanner like malwarebytes.

Follow this procedure and post the requested logs.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here, here, here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you continue to experience problems after doing this, please post a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log