Access internet through google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martynljones

Hello everyone.
First off, thanks for a great forum. Ive been lurking for a few months, and now feel the need to post a question for you all.

In work, we use a large Network with XP pro on the desktop pcs. Until last week we had internet access, this has now been taken away. When explorer is started we just get the page not found error.

If google earth is started up though, we can enable the web browser within google earth and surf away quite happily. Im assuming we are using google earth as a proxy server.

Anyway, is there any way to set up a proper browser (explorer or netscape etc) to access the internet through the same method as google earth does?

Many thanks, and forgive my stupidity as Im a newbe to all this.

Cheers,
Martyn:)

Last edited:

Veurruckte

It sounds to me like they've only blocked Internet Explorer from accessing the internet. Have you tried another web browser? Of course this won't do much good if they're using a Deny All, Accept Google earth and etc type of rule set.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Try downloading Firefox.. You DONT need admin level access to install it... But make sure you install it somewhere like my documents/my programs as this directory allows you full access.

apj101

VIP Member
this is one of those fine line subjects that skirt the boundries of the forum rules. My call is to close this thread, sorry martynljones

But i will leave you with the knowledge that there are thousands of sites that can help you with this

Status
Not open for further replies.