acer aspire one wont boot up

jmc961303

Hi everyone.

My aspire one KAV10 will not boot up. I was using it last night and I walked away for a second pushed down the screen and as soon as I got back my netbook was off. I thought it strange because it was 50% battery life and I disabled any action when closing tye screen. I thought the battery just went bad so I plugged it in but it still wont boot.

And by "it wont boot" I mean I dont even get the first screen when you press the power button. When I press power I see the light turn green for 1 sec then it turns off, as if it does not have power, even with a power supply plugged in. I want to say this netbook is only 2-3 years old.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try doing this and see what happens.

Remove power adapter, remove battery, press the power button for 30 seconds then attach battery/power adapter and try turning on.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its supposed to clear the cmos settings which hopefully lets it boot back up. Another option to try would be to remove the hard drive to see if it powers on ok. I've seen bad hard drives cause this issue.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It very well could be. You may have to take it in to have it looked at. Was it plugged in at the time? Did you have a power surge perhaps?