Acer Desktop Computer Won't Start Up...

ChrisJay

My computer was working fine, and i decided to get online. I double clicked to open my browser (Opra) and it notified me that it needed to be updated. So i clicked update. Once the update was finished the computer needed to be restarted. When it came back up to the screen where you log in to a users side it wouldn't allow me to click on my name or any other. I then shut it down using the power button, and then turned it back on. this time i was prompted with the option to either start in safe mode or normally. i selected to start normally, and it just sat at the black screen with the "starting windows" bar loading at the bottom. it will not go any further than that. it's been three days now.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its not your memory. One of the windows updates has caused an issue starting your system. And then you turned your system off by pressing the power button and now it won't even boot to the login screen. You have 2 issues now.

1. You have errors on the hard drive not allowing it to boot to login screen.
2. Windows has been corrupted not allowing you to logon to windows.

What operating system are you running? And also what brand of hard drive is installed?

You will need to run an hdd diagnostic program to fix any errors the drive may have.

ChrisJay

It's an Acer Aspire M3800 and I'm running Vista.

Its not your memory. One of the windows updates has caused an issue starting your system. And then you turned your system off by pressing the power button and now it won't even boot to the login screen. You have 2 issues now.

1. You have errors on the hard drive not allowing it to boot to login screen.
2. Windows has been corrupted not allowing you to logon to windows.

What operating system are you running? And also what brand of hard drive is installed?

You will need to run an hdd diagnostic program to fix any errors the drive may have.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, do you have a vista install cd? What brand of hard drive is it? You'll need to boot to the vista install cd and choose to repair your computer.

vista_boot_install_now_med.jpg

After choosing that option, you should see a window popup after a few minutes looking something like this.

vista_boot_recovery_options.jpg

choose system restore and pick a day where it was working fine.

however you will need to run the drive manufacturers disk diagnostic tool first to fix the errors on the drive.

ChrisJay

I only have the two disk that came with them, I'm not exactly sure what they are. I just know a friend of mine used one last week or the week before to completely wipe my computer out. As far as the kind of hard drive, I don't know. I'm a little bit computer illiterate.

ChrisJay

Also, the disk that he cleaned my computer with I did try to run it on my computer but because it want load pass the "starting windows" screen nothing happens.