Acer Help please

vodka4any1

Hi ok long story short my partners laptop was running slow so i said i would but it back to factory settings he said ok,i read the manual and it said use the empower technology and set it back the way so i did and hes laptop went off,i thought oh its finnished so i pressed the on button it came on and it said recovering from acer erecovery management, it stayed on for a few min then went off again so i pressed the on button again and it came up ntldr is missing press any key to re start thats as far as it will go what can i do?????

vodka4any1

The only disc i have says "norton antivirus 2006 rev1.0 for distribution with a new acer pc" the laptop didnt come with anymore discs :confused:

vodka4any1

its xp we didnt get a restore disc with it it says in the manual to do it off the computer i have a copy of an xp home disc i put that in but it still said the same,also the laptop will only stay on for a short time.

vodka4any1

ok iv done it now i got the computer to boot from the disc and its loading the files now the computer wont stay on?????? it gets so far into loading the files and then the computer shuts down

cohen

hhmmm... if anything being a laptop we can't really help.....

try taking the battery out and resitting the battery in the laptop :cool: