Acer Laptop SLOWING DOWN..HeLP!

Ba_Ba

So I recently bought a new Acer Asipire from NewEgg (5 weeks ago) and one day, completely out of the blue, the computer speed seemed to dropped in half. I turned off the computer and when I turned on, it became retarded and slow.

Everything stil runs fine, but there a definite and notable difference when I play games and do any CPU-intensive. Games take a lot longer to load, and doest run as smooth as before, some applications seems to be taking forever to load.

So I ran a virus check and also a spyware check, nothing came up,

I cleaned for "dust" but the thing is not really that dirty since its so new....

any thoughts? I don't know what the hell is going on with it...

eckx

Lol....i used to have an Acer....Okay...try this...Save all your shit to an external drive or a flash. then use the system restore to restore to a previous point . If that doesnt help..try defragmenting the drive,and then check for errors.

If your running on vista, try performance and set the computer for maximum performance . Change the power plan to high performance. clear the recycle bin. clear teh hibernation saved files. and then restart your pc. There is a 60 % chance that this should work,

Acer Aspires are never a dependable machine. My friend used to have an aspire, her motherboard failed on the day of her final project submission.
If i were you, i would sell the machine off , when i get it running.

Hope this helps

atentora

Lol....i used to have an Acer....Okay...try this...Save all your shit to an external drive or a flash. then use the system restore to restore to a previous point . If that doesnt help..try defragmenting the drive,and then check for errors.

If your running on vista, try performance and set the computer for maximum performance . Change the power plan to high performance. clear the recycle bin. clear teh hibernation saved files. and then restart your pc. There is a 60 % chance that this should work,

Acer Aspires are never a dependable machine. My friend used to have an aspire, her motherboard failed on the day of her final project submission.
If i were you, i would sell the machine off , when i get it running.

Hope this helps

I was really expecting the next sentence to be "then sell that shit and get a different one!"

Anyway, as he said, the are not dependable machines. Less than a year ad my friends will not work at all. There has been graphics issues when she switched to XP (Vista caused her laptop to crawl along) and now it will not stay on for more than ten minutes (counting from when it powers on). Sometimes it won't even turn on, actually, most of the time it won't turn on...

If you can still exchange it I would recommend doing so. Acer makes great monitors, but really fail at everything else.