acer laptop upgrade

fuzzy jw

i would like to upgrade my cpu since its so slow, its a single core and i would like to make it into a dual core with 2ghz. here is my current cpu's specs
Processor Brand: AMD
Processor Class: Athlon 64
Processor Type: Single-Core
Processor Speed: 1.6GHz
Processor Number: TF-20
Processor FSB: 667MHz
Processor Cache: 512KB L2 Cache
and the Chipset AMD M780G..

so you can see why i want to upgrade. i would like to put in a Athlon 64X2 dual core with 2ghz.. can you tell me which would be the easyiest why and if the Athlon 64X2 will fit my chipset?

2048Megabytes

I don't think it is possible to upgrade to the processor you want. If you want to upgrade you will have to buy a new notebook.

This is one of the reasons I really like a custom built desktop computer over laptops. You can purchase new components and upgrade rather than having to buy a whole new computer.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hmm... If it were a standard Athlon or Turion, I'd say you should be able to. However, since it's a Neo, I'm not so sure...

fuzzy jw

so your saying i wont be able cause i wouldnt beable to find the right cpu i want?? or it just isnt possible?
yea top laptop is the one i own and i would like to make it to the bottom one with the dual core.

2048Megabytes

This is my knowledge of laptops. Many models of laptops differ in the way they are assembled. You could do a lot of damage to a notebook taking it apart if you don't know what you are doing. Possibly you could destroy it. If you don't have any experience doing this I would not even attempt it. In my opinion if you really want an upgrade I would advise getting all the data off you value, reinstalling Windows and just selling your present laptop.

daisymtc

I do agree with 2048 Megabytes.

Probably sell your existing with $350?? Then get a new with $500 (those with T4300/ Athlon II M300) would do you better.