Acer M3470G,,duh?

ttomm46

consumer reports says that acer and HP are among the least reliable computers.....Had my acer about a year . afaid it will bite the dust anytime..anyone else have an acer desktop?:eek:

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
consumer reports says that acer and HP are among the least reliable computers.....Had my acer about a year . afaid it will bite the dust anytime..anyone else have an acer desktop?:eek:

It's like anything else, respect the equipment and it should respect you back. A friend had an Acer that was still chugging along 4 years later. OS was shredded, but hardware was still pristine. The last pre-built I bought was an HP and the hardware never let me down before I gave it away 3 years later.

Darren

Staff member
Some companies will inherently have better products than others but overall most should last you a while if you take care of it. Just so many people don't know how to maintain computers and they end up buying a new one every year or so because they fill it up with junk and viruses that slow it down.

On a somewhat related note: HP makes printers that are the devil's spawn, but their computers are fine.

spirit

Staff member
My HP printer only lasted a few years before it broke. Wasn't very impressed to be honest. It was a good printer and all, but it was just didn't last very long.