Acer Power Jack

davvyxdisaster

So I got a question about the power jack on the back of the Acer Aspires, More likely one of the older models. Now the jack on the back for the DC plug is loose, Meaning the black light will flick on and off, And sometimes the battery wont even charge. The question is what will a inexpensive fix on that. I was told that Acer uses dual layer boards so you cant just replace the jack, You would have to replace the whole motherboard.

Any insight on this will be helpful!

bomberboysk

You should be able to replace the jack, dual layer or non dual layer, ive done it multiple times before i finally just hardwired my transformer to my laptop(only use it for gps anyhow, so its connected to an inverter 99% of the time anyhow). Id recommend putting it on a pigtail though, so it doesnt pull the mobo apart if you knock the plug in too hard, or in my case, its an L shaped plug that pushes on the jack when u sit laptop down.

davvyxdisaster

I was thinking something less dramatic, Lmao like using that eclectic liquid tape and freaking gluing the DC plug into the Power Jack.