ACER Travelmate 240 Battery! (strange things)

vlasis

Hi all,
I bought a new battery for this laptop, which is exactly the same with old one, with the only difference that the new one is 4000mAh, while the "old" one is 4400mAh. Nevertheless, my laptop specifications say that the normal battery should be the new one I bought rather than the one that was given with the laptop!!!
In any case, I inserted the battery, it worked ok, it unloaded and when I tried to reload it, the power meter says 0% charging but it stays there. The old battery loads normally.
Do you might have any idea on what is going on? Or what can I do?
Thank you very much

Lax

VIP Member
Well, it COULD be a faulty battery. Did you buy it new or did you buy it used from ebay/reseller? Have you also left it charging for atleast a day (like some batteries say to) and then use it fully down to 0.

vlasis

Thank you for the reply.
In fact the battery was new and I tried to leave it for a day, but still it remains to 0%. Could the difference of mAh justify that? It seems strange

Lax

VIP Member
Yeah it could be, but if you KNOW the lower powered battery will work then that isn't the problem. If you HEARD it's supposed to work then that would be the most likely guess, it's not supplying enough power and isn't compatible with the charger you're using.