Acer travelmate 290 laptop Wireless card not activating

boulder38

Hi,

I've got a Acer Travelmate290 laptop and the wireless card won't turn on.

I've got the correct drivers installed and have got the launch manager installed but the switch won't turn the wireless on so the searching for wireless networks wont find any.

Any ideas?

boulder38

Have tried but doesnt pick anything up. Ive gone to the Acer website also and downloaded the latest driver for it but that won't install over the old one, ive tried delelting the old one, moving it but it install from the new one

tremmor

Only thing i can think of is reset the wireless card. Else you will have to wait for others at school or work to reply. Not sure.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If a wireless utility is installed then it should have the option to turn on the wireless. Is there a switch on the side that has to be turned on first? I'm at work or I would do some research on the model of laptop you have.

tremmor

Good point JohnB. I mentioned before with another laptop. A button on top that look like a wireless. Daughter did not turn it on. its a maybe......Would have thought he turned it on.

suspect she was wiping the keyboard and turned it off. Small button on top with a wireless connection. Toshiba 17" my grand daughter got with her permission.

Last edited:

boulder38

Hi,
There is a switch on the side which in the original post i said about that it wouldn't turn it on. the switch is there but it doesn't seem to be activating the wireless card.
The utility does have the option in there to turn the wireless on and off but it needs to be activated by the switch first of all....which isn't doing it's job.

tremmor, u said about resetting the wireless card?