• Acer

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • eMachines

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

OvenMaster

VIP Member
It's already happened.

I have to admit that my four-year-old eMachines has been working 18hrs a day for four years straight (7 days a week) and has never missed a beat. I have no clue if Acer is good or not, because I've never owned one.

PabloTeK

I've used 2 eMachines extensively before and while they certainly weren't quiet and powerful they just kept slogging on for ages, in fact I still have the parts for one and the other is was sold on and I believe it still works very well. There was very little bloatware as well, I spent all of a minute removing it after I decided to wipe the HDD. Can't speak for Acer though.

G25r8cer

Acer is alot better than emachines but still lacks. Some stuff is just not good qualiy like their keyboards on laptops. There keys just fall off whenever they want. LOL

speedyink

VIP Member
I've never owned an eMachine, but I do currently own an Acer. So far I'm really happy with it. I reinstalled Windows fresh on it and it runs like a champ, plus it's super quiet. Acer's are definately great for the price. You just have to get rid of all the BS software they install on it.

concorde

Acers have been around for awhile, say around 1993-1995. They are still in use at my local school district in the grade schools (lower grades) because the younger kids don't need the power and performance that even the cheaper eMachines and Dells, etc. offer that the higher grades use (5th grade, 6th and so on)--they just use them to take pointless AR tests. AR is Accelerated Reader, if you were wondering.

G25r8cer

Hah at my techcenter they are still rocking old clientpro's with 512mb ram and they all have 19" dell monitors. At my school all of the pc's are old as crap and slow mac's except for the cad class which has crappy dell 4600's!!