Acer wont allow me to open Word files

RPGfreak

I use acer computer, and microsoft word works fine there. I can transfer word files with e mail too between computers. But when i try to transfer word files from my disk on key(or just open them on the disk on key) acer forces me to "encrypt" my file - i cant just open it(i never did anything special with any word files for any computer to suggest something like that).

I cant do anything else, so i agree to encrypt it. I set up password an everything, and then I CANNOT OPEN THE FILE THAT I MYSELF ENCRYPTED!

What the hell? First it forces me encryption i didnt ask for and dont need, and then i cant open the damn file? When i click the encrypted file it says "No encyrpted files found in selected files".

I think my computer is trying to troll me. Please help.

Edit: Tried this:
http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/an...ected-files’-message-when-opening-office-2007
installation wont work. It doesnt even load up the setup. I clickn on the exe, then theres a loading hourglass for half a sec, and then its back to cursor like nothing happened.

Last edited:

strollin

If you don't use the encryption software, eDataSecurity, that apparently came with your Acer, uninstall it and you shouldn't get asked to encrypt files anymore.

What I think is happening is that your Acer is running the eDataSecurity software which is asking you to encrypt the file. You need to either uninstall that software or find the utility that is used to manage it and turn encryption off.

Here is a link to the manual for eDataSecurity from the Acer website: ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/desktop/empowering_technology/User%20Guides%202.0%20-%202.4/Acer%20eDataSecurity%20Management%20english.pdf