Active Directory Problem (Image Included)

DanDaMan

Help me with this please

untitled.jpg

I do have permission
I have tried to access it on all my servers
Tried backing active directory up and then recover from the back up to restore the connection
I can make a new policy and edit it etc for a couple of hours then it wont allow me access again
Does this to all my locations set in active directory

Any advice is welcome i am really lost with this now.

Last edited:

Viking

how long have you had this server ?
So it works for a while (access) then stops working?

could be the server is infected

where did you get your copy of windows 2003 ?

Camper

How do you have permission to manage these polices? Are you log on as a admin or do you have permission to manage the OU?

Have you checked your event viewer for any errors recently?

DanDaMan

I have had the server a few years. Genuine copy of windows 2003 and yes it works for a while if you make a new policy then will denie access to it.

Been like this for a month now but its driving me mad

I have access to the policys as myself but access it as admin on the network and local but still same problem so carnt see it being a permission problem think the error it gives is a load of rubbish but the detail it gives is the problem myself.

Viking

I don't mind telling you, that usually when i find weird stuff like that happening, it is usually malware of some sort.

DanDaMan

still a issue anyone .....

Just an update i can create a new policy let it replciate across all my Domain Controllers then if the clients assigned within that directory where i have set the policy restart they will get the policy. It will then work for about a day and then get back to square one with the error message shown before.....

Camper

Set up full auditing on the sysvol folder to see if something or some one is accessing the files maliciously.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Remove your user from the group and then reapply, then reboot the machine and log back in.

Also, if your server is getting compromised with malware you have a poorly configured firewall/NAT set up.