Added a fan, now computer won't boot?

PaulEbs

Hi,

I have built myself a new computer recently, and everything was working perfectly with the following specs:

• Asus M2N Sli Deluxe Mobo
  • Nvidia 7900 GTS
  • 500gb Maxtor Diamond HD
  • AMD Athlon 64 2.6Ghz 5000+
  • 4Gb DDR Corsair memory
  • 500watt Coolermaster PSU
  • Plus 4 large case fans powered by a scythe temp & fan controller
  • And an arctic cooling 64 CPU cooler

I added a card reader last night, plugged it in, all worked fine. I then added a further case fan to vent the side, and when I turned the computer on it wouldn't send a signal to the monitor.

There was a slight flash when all the LED's turned off for a split second when I tried to boot it the second time.

I left it as it was getting late and my frustration turned for the worst, however turned the computer on this morning and it sent a signal to the monitor, but it wanted me to go into the BIOS and load default setting then reboot.

I did this, rebooted - and now it won't send a signal to the monitor anymore.

I've taken the new fan out and tried it that way, but same problem happens - has anyone got any ideas of what may have caused this?

The system is running Vista Ultimate 64 and has been tested using Prime95 plenty of times without a problem.

The CPU is also overclocked to 3Ghz, with an FSB of 200 and multiplier of 15.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Langers2k7

You may have knocked your GPU a bit while you were installing the card, so I would just check to see if it is inserted correctly.

m0nk3ys1ms

The same thing has happened to me many times before. Try resetting your BIOS by removing the battery for a minute or so and then putting it back in.

G25r8cer

Yeah my guess is the Vid card slipped out of place or you fried your ram by static electricity but, I doubt that.