adding a HDD and fan

elobire

i need to add a new case fan and a hard drive to my computer because im running out of memory and the case is getting extremely hot (especially the HDD) so i want to be safe and not wreck my hardware.
the problem is when i opened the case up, i cant find any space to add a new hard drive or a fan. the hard drive is just screwed flat to the front of the case without any space for another HDD. the back of the case just has no free space for a fan at all.
what should i do? i can take pictures if you want to see it in more detail.

elobire

Buy a new case?

dont really want to do that, the packard bell case i have atm is why i bought my computer.
im thinking of buying a HDD rack and fitting that, and then fitting the fan on the left pannel, but my pc is up against the left side of my desk, i may have to move it...

mrjack

VIP Member
I had the same problem (poor ventilation and lack of space) and here is my solution to the problem, an external HDD case equipped with fans. If you're not going to be adding more HDDs, then your idea is more practical but remember that keeping your components cool increases their lifespan. If you don't want to build your own HDD case, then you should be able to get a pre-made HDD case with a fan. I think Lian Li makes such cases for installing into their cases, but you should be able to use those.

Last edited:

Rit

What's your motherboard make/model and if you can get a picture to see what you're talking about, that would probably be best?

elobire

What's your motherboard make/model and if you can get a picture to see what you're talking about, that would probably be best?

not sure what the motherboard make/model is, how can i find out?
il see if i can get some pictures taken later.
i asked my ICT teacher an he said i can fit the HDD into the spare CD bay if the SATA cable will reach.
i might put the fan on the side pannel of the pc if i cannot find any room.