adding a network

erk

i set up a wireless router at my aunts house. the router ranges to 700 feet. i have a laptop and i only live next door. when im sitting at my aunts, just in the living room, my signal is low. when i go home, i dont even get a signal. do i have to add a network to my computer or am i already on her network?! when i connect, it connects to her router, but how come my signal is low?! and in order to share files between our computers do i have to create a network?! how do i do that?! i have a usb flash drive and when i connect it to her computer, it says connect to the wireless access point. is that the router?! please someone help me!

Trizoy

VIP Member
Just because the router says it will go to 700ft, doesnt always mean it will work in the eveyday situation. In reality the wireless router would need a clear shot for the signal, not electromagnetic interference, no structural interference, a down hill and a wind at the back to reach 700ft.

You can always set up a network repeater or extendor at your house and piggyback the signal farther.

If you can connect to her router, you are on here network. Think of a network as 1 or more computers joined together, and your router does that.