adding disk space

aretee

hello, i just recently had trouble about disk space.
I installed some programs and now my C:/ drive which contains windows, is closed to running out of space. I have a lot of space on other drives and was wondering if there was a way to transfer space??
Im not a computer finatic and my PC is pretty old. Is there a way i could do that with out replacing anything??
Thank you.. Aretee

SFR

Truth fears no questions
aretee said:
I have a lot of space on other drives and was wondering if there was a way to transfer space??Thank you.. Aretee
Transfer space? As in, you have an 80GB hard drive and a 40GB hard drive and you want to take 40GB from the 80GB hard drive and physically move the space into the 40GB hard drive?

NO.

If you mean can you move files from the drive that is running out of space onto the drive that has free space

YES.

Can you tell us where those other drives are?
Inside another computer, just sitting on the desk...

If you need more space first try going through and deleting programs and files you no longer need... and condense rarely used files with WinZip

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Norton PartitionMagic the greatist program on earth for all your partitions need. With this program you can safly transfer free space from one partition to anouther.

partition Magic

SFR

Truth fears no questions
mgoldb2 said:
Norton PartitionMagic the greatist program on earth for all your partitions need. With this program you can safly transfer free space from one partition to anouther.

partition Magic
I doubt there is more than one partition on that drive.

aretee

thank you guys....might take a look at that..
ummm as i said i have a old computer...20 gbs altogether !!! got heaps of space on my D drive, and wanna transfer some of that into my c drive which has hardly any more space is what i meant....thanx again

btw i dont know where to post this, but do yous have any clue to what to do with pop ups ??? sometimes i got no web browser open, but this pop up comes up anyway !!! wen im offline this programe or something wants to connect with a a-d-w-a-r-e.com or something !! i ran virus checks and spyware checks but nothing cures it ...help please

Last edited: