Adding mountains of pics onto a bluray - how to?

garjobo

Hello Chaps, a little advice if you'd be so very kind. I have about 2000 photos which i want to put onto dvd and a bluray.

Just got bluray device installed so havent tried it out yet, but basically i want to ensure that my photos are kept in best possible condition aka on bluray...just in case my SD cards start to play up.

So - random images..more for keepsake nothing else...

I have 'organised' my photos into folders...IF I KEEP COPYING the photos - once ive uploaded them via SD card into my PC and into folders..and then AGAIN COPY a photo or two and bring it into another folder...if you get my meaning...because I am organising them into dates etc so have plenty of folders on the go...WILL THIS CREATE LESSER QUALITY IN THE IMAGES? If i copy and paste all the time. OR is it better to literally COPY ONCE from the SD card?

Never quite understood the quality issue re photos/video on computer..and keen to ensure best quality possible.

Other question is - any decent method of copying my photos onto a disc...i only have videostudio x3 ..but looking at literally copying a load and bunging them onto a dvd/bluray..simples. Any restrications you know of? How many photos can go on a single bluray?

THANKS for your time and patience.

User0one

I just Burn Pictures to Optical Media with my regular Burning Software. The Pictures won't Play Back any better from a BluRay Disk verses a Regular DVD.

The Quality of the Pictures was set in Stone by what ever your Cameras resolution was set to. The only Difference is you will be ably to store 25 gigs of Pictures on a BluRay Disk, and about 4.25 Gigs on a regular DVDR.