Adding music into iTunes

The Chad

Right so I've fully moved to my new computer now, all I need to do is copy my music over and I'm having some trouble.

I'm using iTunes as my music player.

The songs from my old computer I copied onto an external HDD, then I downloaded iTunes (the new one, V9. something). To add the music into the library I set it so when music goes into iTunes it'll copy it from the external into the itunes music folder. When I select all the music and drag it onto itunes it'll say processing and adding and will only copy about 4.5k songs out of the 5.5k songs.

I've managed to get it up to 4.9k songs now but I'm struggling to add the rest. When they're all copying iTunes randomly says its encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone have an idea how to get those last 600 songs on? Sorry if this seems confusing

Fatback

VIP Member
Could it be possible that one of the songs you're trying to add is causing the problem? Have you tried adding one song at a time? Have you restarted you're computer and then tried to add them? Have you tried going to file> add file/folder and then adding the songs?

The Chad

I've tried restarting, yes. I'm going to try that file > add folder things in the next half hour.

By selecting about 100 at a time some go in, can't understand why not all though. Copyright perhaps?