Adding on to Computer

BballSteve

Hi, i've built my computer to be a decent one. It has a gig of RAM, and I want to add another gig, is this safe? Can my motherboard sustain this power?
Also, i'm looking at buying a better cpu, right now its a 1.8ghz, and looking for a 2.4 or so. Can I simply just buy this and replace it with the cpu I have now? Or do I need to buy a better more complex motherboard to sustain all these components. They can fit into my current MB, but I dont want too much juice flowin thru it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mr.Suave

what are your specs? have you looked into overclocking the CPU to get the 2.4, i think its obtainable but you may need to buy a new heatsink&fan.

BballSteve

Mr.Suave said:
what are your specs? have you looked into overclocking the CPU to get the 2.4, i think its obtainable but you may need to buy a new heatsink&fan.

Hey, no I have not OC'd my CPU yet, I am very interested in doing this, but I have no idea where to begin!

Also, where can I vew my MB's specs?

Thanks.

Charles_Lee

if you change ram+ cpu ,,, and even motherboard thats a whole new computer

hard drive, and cd drive are often brought from their old computers...
even the case, monitor

so if you buy a cpu, ram, motherboard... thats like, saying "should i buy myself a new computer?"
except you didn't mention the video card.
are you planning to play some games?
cuz video cards matter when you play games.

BballSteve

Charles_Lee said:
if you change ram+ cpu ,,, and even motherboard thats a whole new computer

hard drive, and cd drive are often brought from their old computers...
even the case, monitor

so if you buy a cpu, ram, motherboard... thats like, saying "should i buy myself a new computer?"
except you didn't mention the video card.
are you planning to play some games?
cuz video cards matter when you play games.

Yeah, games are basically what I do on the computer. My video card is fine for the games I play, but I'm only interested in buying a gig of memory (2 512's current, adding 1gig) and maybe a new CPU if I cant figure out how to OC. What I would like to know is if my MB can do this without breaking down.
I don't know what kind of info. you need to figure this out, but my MB is an ASUS A7N8X-X.

Thanks.