Adding second Mirroring Raid array

Shlouski

VIP Member
Hi guys, I have 4 x 2TB HDD's i want to raid up mirroring, so that i end up with 2 x 2TB HDD's, so 4TB of space. I made one of the arrays when I was installing windows on a fifth HDD, so I could move the data off the other two HDD's onto the new array, which is working fine. Now ive configured the bios to raid the other two HDD's up, then built the array and partitioned them, but its not seen in windows, not even in device manager. What could be the problem?

Richard89

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, however I had a similar issue when I installed Windows to my SSD and configured two 1TB hard drives for mirroring. The issue I was having was the drivers. Windows didn't install the drivers for the RAID set up at install time since I didn't have the RAID or the disk. Sounds like you installed Windows after the RAID though, correct? What mobo do you have?

Shlouski

VIP Member
Well the problem is that only one of the two raid arrays is working. As you know you have to load the raid controller driver into windows when you are setting up the disks, so they work in windows, which I did. I assume you dont have to do it again for the other array, as the driver are already present. My motherboard is a gigabyte M68M-SP2, it has 4 sata ports for the 2TB HDD's and an IDE port for the boot drive. No the second array does not show in disk manager.