Advent laptop problem

Paddy1

Does anyone know how to remove the DVD -RW drive on a Advent 7038 laptop? I have tried everything except sending it away to be removed. The current drive which is a Pioneer DVR K12D is currently not working.

Any Ideas

Paddy1

Unfortunately, the manual does not show how to open it up. I have removed all the screws from the underside, but it still does not come apart. there must be some clips holding it together, but i don't know where.

Thanks for your reply.

apj101

VIP Member
laptops are a bugger to come open, there wil be screw all over the place, but once you have them all then it will ust open easy. The keyboards will often left off first and there may be screws under it. Try googling with you make and model there are often site that will show you how to do it.

Why are you trying to remove the drive by the way

pocketsal

:)

Underneath on the back edge you will find two screws, remove these. Then turn the laptop back over to it's normal position, push the screen as far back as posible, as you look at the power switch panel where it covers the centre hinge point on the bottom of the screen panel you will find that you will be able to lift this and remove the whole plastic panel.

This will reveal three screws that retain the keyboard, take these out and lift the keybord free from the laptop, be carefull here as there is a ribbon connection on the lower edge.

As you look inside on the right hand side you will see the rear of the DVD/CDRW drive, there are two screws, remove these and push the drive outwards!

Refitting is reversal of removal..

Hope this helps

Alan