ADVENT T9509-New Pc Possibly?

RyanLewis

So...... On the hunt for a p.c, for around Christmas time. Obviously i don't want to pay over the odd's, otherwise it means me paying my mum back even more, and having to find a way to make the money. But anyway, at first i was going to get parts and build one myself. I wasn't all that keen on doing so, but then all my friends were like you should, you should so you can customize(i can customize a pre-built can't i?). then they were talking behind each others backs to me about why they should build it and the other person shouldn't, which i have kept quiet. Anyway, my other friend sent me a link to a computer on pc world.
[Here]

# Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
# 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache
# Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
# 2048MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# DVD Re-Writer Drive
# 256MB NVidia GeForce 8300 GS
# 7-In-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 19" Widescreen Advent TFT Monitor
(there is exactly the same computer but with an AOC TFT-is advent going to be better?)

Anyway, to me this looks cheap, pretty good, and well less work for me. But anyway, let's get down to the real questions:
Is £700 a good price for it(basically $1400 USD).
It appears to me there is no wireless card?
If not, is there anything other than a wireless card i can buy to connect wirelessly(like maybe a wireless usb ariel?(hopefully cheap).
Also one of my friends said that gfx card will let me down?
Thanks,
Ryan

paratwa

The 8300 video card is the lowest you can go and still have dx10 capability's. I would not go for anything under a 8600. As for the ATI cards, pass on them.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I don't know the price trends in UK, but that PC would be a rip off here in the US. The graphics card will barely support any gaming. The processor and RAM looks fine, but because it is a pre-built computer, the powersupply is probably weak and will not support a power hungry high end graphics card.

Like your friends, I'd suggest you build it yourself. In the US on newegg.com, you can put together that computer with 2 more gigs of ram, an 8800GTS 320 for roughly the same price.

Legend 69

Would it be easy and worth the money to buy that and buy an 8800GTX graphics card and install it myself?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Would it be easy and worth the money to buy that and buy an 8800GTX graphics card and install it myself?

Problem is that you don't know if the power supply will handle the GTX. And if it doesn't, we also don't know if the PC uses proprietary parts, and if it does, an upgrade would be very unlikely or expensive.