Advice: Cable/DSL MIMO router?

dazzler

Hi,

Please could anyone offer me some advice, on which of the following routers has the best performance and reliablity.

D-Link DI-634M Super G™ with Broadband Wireless MIMO Router
Linksys WRT54GX v2 Wireless-G Broadband MIMO Router w/SRX
Belkin F5D8230uk Pre-N Wireless Broadband MIMO Router
Buffalo WZR-G108 AirStation Wireless Broadband MIMO Router

I purchased a Netgear WPN824 and paired it with a Belkin Wireless Pre-N Desktop Card but returned the router to the retailer after experiencing poor range and constant dropped wireless network connections. I wonder if the Netgear would have worked better paired with its own network card.

Is the new MIMO technology as good it it claims to be; the router needs to be powerful as it will be used in a victorian house albeit only upto the first floor at the moment.

The Belkin has the best reviews, ZDNET benchmarks tests but in my opnion looks flimsy in design. Linksys looks ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

way2evil

whatever you do dont get the belkin. pre n bs. its just wireless g. terrible range and speed. if you can wait a bit and see what happens. there is all new stuff coming out based on the 802.11n platform. if you really need it, i would get the linksys and the linksys card.

sivart7555

dont ever get d-link.. I have a linksys wrt54g and just the wireless part once my modem is hooked into it will work about 4 houses away...which is a coffe shop..so i can access my files while drinking coffee. so i would say that is about 3-4 stories up it will work really well even if it is the upgraded one of mine.