Advise on Spec's

ronniemac

Hello,
New to the forum today and would like any advise on the latest specs for my new machine, specs as follows,
Main drive Intel DC P3600 2 Tb, Board ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, PSU Corsair HX 1000w , CPU Intel i9 7960x,
Ram Corsair Dominator 3200 128Gb, not sure about the storage drive{s] was thinking about a second DC P3600 or Samsung 960 Pro 2Tb would also like a traditional HDD such as 6 Tb WD Gold. As the primary purpose of the machine is 3d Cad / Video editing [ with gaming as the secondary use ] the GPU is a bit of a dilemma do I go with 2x 1080 Ti's or maybe 2x Quadro p2000's Cooling will be Corsair Hydro [not sure yet which one ] Budget is £8000 or £9000 at a push. any suggestion are most welcome.

beers

Staff member
Why not 7980XE and Titan V's?

If your CAD/video skills and complexity truly need these requirements then you would know better than anyone else what hardware it should be. Currently it just feels like 'hey let me list whatever is expensive'.

That's approaching multi socket Xeon or Epyc type of costs.

beers

Staff member
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that the entirety of my existence was merely to facilitate conducting your PC research.

Sir, does your butthole require wiping as well?

ronniemac

FYI, The software mentioned runs perfectly well on my existing machine. I only want to get a system that will run it even better. I thought the purpose of a forum like this was to offer advice and a bit of guidance for those of us not to "clued up " on the hardware side of the equation but... obviously I was under an illusion ! So, by your reckoning everyone should know about their hardware requirements ! well if that is the case then why have this forum ?

beers

Staff member
I feel like maybe you felt my original tone was aggressive, although from my perspective I was just gathering information.

The software mentioned runs perfectly well on my existing machine.
What does this actually mean? 'perfectly well' states that the existing performance fulfills all requirements and expectations.
I only want to get a system that will run it even better.
This seems to negate 'perfectly well'. I was under the original assumption that you have no business cost analysis requirement or professional application demands, which appears to be the case. Usually, high budget builds with no real purpose are more of a grandstanding exercise. There's no real advice to give other than 'maybe you'll finally be happy with the most expensive thing'.
So, by your reckoning everyone should know about their hardware requirements !
Most people don't drop 9,000 on a computer without trying to solve a specific problem.

well if that is the case then why have this forum ?
Perhaps people that enjoy technology can discuss technology. Not everyone's purpose is to be a subservient slave to others.