Afraid to test it out

watdaflip

This is the first time Ive ever upgraded anything more then memory or a psu. Ive replaced the motherboard, graphics card, added memory, power sourse, added a tv tuner, and a new cpu heatsink/fan... Now I believe I have done everything Im just second guessing myself, I just need a little reassurance.

I only need to appy thermal compound between the cpu fan and the top of the cpu, correct?

On the front panel connect, where the power button, power led, hdd led, reset switch, etc are plugged in... how do I know which way to plug these connectors in, or does it not matter? Theres nothing to indicate on the female connector where it goes, on the male end, theres all the pins and some have blach around the base of the pins, but im still confused...
I assume if like i have the power switch backwards it won't even startup, but by having it backwards... will that damage the motherboard or other hardware?

Lastly, do I need to do anything else before starting it up? This is the first time iver ever changed a motherboard, so i have no idea

Thanks ahead of time!

jp198780

you apply the thermal paste on top of the CPU, then put the heatsink on top, just plug it in, and if it dont work, keep messing with it.