After a Restore

Greg1111

I had some kind of "write command failed" problem so I did a restore (windows xp). This seemed to solve most of the issues I was having, However, two immediate problems occured that I am aware of post-restore:

1. I lost my icon that I used to click on at the bottom left of my screen that immediately brought me back to my Desktop. How can I reinstate this shortcut?

2. Most of my files are displayed in explorer with a dimmer icon which apparently implies that the attributes are hidden. I can still open the file, but wonder if there is a way of bringing the display of these files back to the way they were?

spirit

Staff member
Greg1111 said:
I lost my icon that I used to click on at the bottom left of my screen that immediately brought me back to my Desktop. How can I reinstate this shortcut?
Right click on the taskbar, mouse over 'Toolbars' and click on 'Quick Launch'.

Greg1111 said:
Most of my files are displayed in explorer with a dimmer icon which apparently implies that the attributes are hidden. I can still open the file, but wonder if there is a way of bringing the display of these files back to the way they were?
Right click on the files, go to Properties and uncheck the box at the bottom which reads 'Hidden'. Click on Apply and then on OK.

Greg1111

I do have my quick launch checked but it only has 2 icons attached:
1. internet explorer
2. outlook express.

Before the restore there were at least 3 icons which included desktop display, but that's no longer the case.

As far as eliminating the "hidden" check mark, I would have to do that to thousands of files. I was hoping for a more global solution.