after i leave for a few hours with my computer on..

Comp_Newb

Whenever i leave my computer for a few hours or leave it on all night, i come back to it and move the mouse and nothing happens!? all the lights are on and the screen saver is going, on the computer so i know it's on. I end up having to hold the power button in and then turning it back on. Any ideas?

MBGraphics

VIP Member
have you tried clicking the mouse? I know I have some screen savers that require me to click the mouse, if i try moving it, there is no responce.

Comp_Newb

haven't tried when it does it again i will try that. I doubt its that because when i watch TV sometimes the screen saver comes on and i move the mouse and the screen comes right up. Its only when i leave it on for hours at a time.

scooter

banned
You can also try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. Sometimes it will snap outta the screensaver.

Vista doesnt like my screensavers either!

Bigwoods

banned
I know my Vista has problems with my screen saver.. I think it's a vista thing. Try clicking or pressing keys

just a thought but do you use USB port for your mouse.
if so you might wanna check your USB hub if so maybe just maybe its going out. Idk just a thought. I could be completely wrong. But thats my two cents.

scooter

banned
I know my Vista has problems with my screen saver.. I think it's a vista thing. Try clicking or pressing keys

Yeh, I think your right! It the only error message I ever get on my rig...

screensaver has stopped working!..

lol////vista is bogus..:rolleyes:

HybridGoomba

That happened on my sister's laptop once. We decided to just wait it out and see if anything would happen overnight, and when morning came, there was a blue screen of death. Your best bet is to just turn the thing off when you leave.

Comp_Newb

I am going back to XP. Way too many problems. I cant get my new printer to work with this vista crap either!